Data Entry Process: Adding Customer InformationPublished on 1/22/2015
Adding Customer Information
After you have entered the unit types and individual units, it is time to add in your customer information into your Self Storage Management Software. Click on the ‘customer’ tab and then click on ‘new customer.’ From here on out, the process is fairly simple, but here are a few things you need to remember:
- The name you enter for your client needs to be their first name and then last name. For example: Sam Smith. If you do it differently, it won’t show up correctly on reports and bills.
- The name, address, and phone number are required
- For the State section, you need to abbreviate the state into two capital letters; if you don’t then the credit card processing company will default to Alabama.
- In order for reminder texts to be sent out, you need to input their cell phone provider
- When you set up their email, you will also need to create a username and password for them to use as their login to your website. It will automatically send them an email with instructions on how to login.